Saturday, December 24, 2011

Master Floyd Clark's Holiday Cards...100 yrs ago...

While I was out and about yesterday enjoying a day off, I found a few cards addressed to Master Floyd Clark. Apparently, he was living in Milwaukee. I found a card as early as 1908.  I'm not sure how old he was, but with the title "Master" clearly he was a child at this time. Two of cards have wonderfully fun inscriptions and are a tiny window into the Holidays 100 years ago. Please note: I have typed them as they are written...errors and all.

Postmarked from Deer Lodge, Mont. Dated Dec 19 1910

Inscribed on Back in Ink:

Dear Floyd,

How are you? We are all well We have a new brother four months old and his name is Clark. What do you want Santa to bring you?

From Ruth & (two other illegible names)



Postmarked from Deer Lodge, Mont. Dated Dec 31, 1911

Inscribed on Back in Pencil:

Deer Floyd,

I am a little rascal and take all my brothers & sisters toys. I wish I could see you all. 

With Love from Clark Stoddard

Well, apparently little Clark was doing very well at 16 mos. since someone had written to Floyd on Clark's behalf. 

I wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas!

--Anne


No comments:

Post a Comment